Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 21
Abstract Collection consists of letters to Sarah M. Jones from her brother Charles D. Jones and from her friend, and later husband, Andrew H. Norton, both of whom were Union soldiers in the Civil War.
Abstract Collection contains letters of Benjamin F. Hatch, of Hartland, VT, to his wife, Lucina, written during his service in the 12th Vermont Regiment in the Civil War. Also includes an unidentified diary, 1854-1855, his military discharge, and other, non-Civil War correspondence.
Abstract The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including a number of letters from George Cargill documenting his service during the Civil War. Also included are many of George Cargill’s collected poems and songs. Also in the collection are account books, a war conscription notice and miscellaneous scraps.
Overview Collection contains Civil War letters of Charles and George Quimby of Concord, VT, a soldiers in the Third and Fifth Vermont Volunteers during the Civil War. The collection consists of correspondence with other Concord soldiers and civilians.
Overview The Charles Edwin Allen Papers consist of materials relating both to Allen's life and his historical studies and writings, with the bulk concerning Allen's work on Burlington and Vermont history, including manuscripts and typescripts of several of his published articles and books.
Abstract Collection contains 76 letters of Charles Manson, a soldier who served in the 12th Vermont Infantry and later in the 17th Vermont Infantry. He was seriously wounded in the assault on Petersburg, April 2, 1865.
Overview The Collamer Family Papers consist of three cartons of letters, business papers, legal notes and dockets, account books, speeches and orations, and other manuscripts. Although the collection includes material from the early 1800s to the 1910s, the majority of the Papers fall in date between 1840 and 1865.
Overview Proctor served as Governor of Vermont, 1906-1908. Collection includes primarily correspondence between Proctor and the State attorney general, Clarke C. Fitts, concerning official State and Legal mattters and the legal position of the State on assorted issues.
Overview The Francis O. Sawyer Papers consist of approximately one linear foot of manuscript material from the Quartermaster Corps, U.S. Volunteers.
Abstract Collection contains 12 small pocket diaries recording the weather, Civil War events (writer was a soldier), and general reflections on life and character.
- Subject: Vermont History X
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 2
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- University of Vermont. 2
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Ellen Cordelia, (Ellen Cordelia Lyman) Mrs. Charles Edwin Allen, b. 1843 1
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton 1823-1887 1
- Billings, Frederick, 1823-1890 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Burlington Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Burlington Historical Society 1
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Chittenden, L. E. (Lucius Eugene), 1824-1900. 1
- Collamer Family 1
- Collamer, Jacob, 1791-1865 1
- Commercial Bank (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Crockett, Walter Hill, 1870-1931 1
- Davis, James, 1783-1868 1
- Demeritt Family 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Fairbanks, Erastus, 1792-1864 1
- Fessenden, William Pitt 1806-1869 1
- Fitts, Clarke C. 1
- Foote, Solomon 1
- Free Soil Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Hapgood Family 1
- Hatch, Benjamin F. 1
- Holbrook, Frederick, 1813-1909 1
- Hubbard family 1
- Jones, Charles D. 1
- Kilborn Family of Poultney, Vermont 1
- Kilborn, Frank 1
- Kilborn, Samuel F. 1
- Lake Champlain Tercentenary Commission (Vt.) 1
- Lanpher Family 1
- Lanpher, George M. 1
- Lanpher, Rufus G. 1
- Lyman family 1
- Lyman, Wyllys 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Marsh, George Perkins 1801-1882 1
- Morrill, Justin S., (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- Norton, Andrew H. 1
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Phelps, Edward John 1822-1900 1
- Proctor, Fletcher Dutton, 1860-1911 1
- Quimby, Charles W. 1
- Quimby, George W. 1
- Republican Party (Vt.) 1
- Roberts, Daniel 1811-1899 1
- Sawyer, Francis O. 1
- Smith Family of New Haven, Vermont 1
- Stevens, Henry 1819-1886 1
- Stow, William 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 9th (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Department of the Treasury 1
- University of Vermont Personal narratives 1
- Vermont Antiquarian Society 1
- Vermont Farm Bureau 1
- Vermont. Governor. (Proctor : 1906-1908). 1
- Walton, E. P., (Eliakim Persons), 1812-1890 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1 ∧ less