Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview The Charles Edwin Allen Papers consist of materials relating both to Allen's life and his historical studies and writings, with the bulk concerning Allen's work on Burlington and Vermont history, including manuscripts and typescripts of several of his published articles and books.
Overview The Abbott Collection is composed of papers, maps, and photographs on mining and minerals, particularly in Vermont and the Eastern United States.
Abstract The David Budbill papers contain both personal and professional papers of the Vermont poet, author, playwright, and musician.
Overview Garden Way Publishing existed primarily as a mail-order publishing house specializing in books on self-sufficiency and natural alternatives. Collection includes correspondence, typescripts, galleys, production notes, production mechanicals, reviews, art work, and photos, relating to titles published by the company; together with material relating to accounting, title selection, production, sales, and marketing, Gardens for All, and the Garden Way Living Center, Burlington, Vt.; and...
Overview Collection includes correspondence, diaries (1864-82), notebooks (1834-86), and published works, relating to protective tariff, founding of Smithsonian Institute, Mexican War, Civil War, and other political issues during Marsh's congressional career; his impressions of Garabaldi and Italian unification while U.S. minister to Italy (1860-82); and comparative philosophy, Near Eastern Studies, Scandanavian Studies, conservation, book collecting, and other scholarly interests. Includes papers of...
Abstract Collection consists of the typescripts of Stoddard's writings about notable Vermonters "Snowflake" Bentley (Wilson Bentley), Henry Leland, and Calvin Coolidge and Grace Coolidge. Maples and maple sugaring are also covered as a topic alongside more general articles printed in publications for children.
Overview The Harris W. Soule Papers are made up almost entirely of materials relating to his book, Northwoods Tales and Unusual Recipes. Included are manuscripts, typescripts and printer's galleys of the work, as well as correspondence with publishers, prospective buyers and reviewers.
Overview The Herbert Wheaton Congdon Papers at UVM consist of six cartons, one box and hundreds of photographs and notecards. Much of the collection relates to Congdon's part in the Old Buildings Project and his later, individual work on early Vermont buildings. There are also papers, maps, glass slides and photos from Congdon's work on the Long Trail and the Green Mountain Club, as well as 36 volumes of his diaries and a typescript of his unpublished 1400-page autobiography.
Overview The collection includes a few folders of Jackmanfamily material, but the majority of the papers relate to Mrs. Jackman's work on the history of Corinth, Vermont.
Abstract This collection contains the manuscript of the book Vietnam Anthology, 1987. It also contains release forms from authors and publishers and correspondence between Anisfield and authors.
- Subject: Manuscripts (for publication) X
- Abbott, Collamer M., b. 1919 1
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Ellen Cordelia, (Ellen Cordelia Lyman) Mrs. Charles Edwin Allen, b. 1843 1
- Anisfield, Nancy 1
- Babcock, Robert S. 1
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton 1823-1887 1
- Bentley, W.A. (Wilson Alwyn) 1
- Billings, Frederick, 1823-1890 1
- Brandt & Brandt. 1
- Budbill, David 1
- Burlington Historical Society 1
- Clarke, Jess 1
- Congdon, Herbert Wheaton, 1876-1965. 1
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 1
- Dake, Thomas Reynolds, 1785-1852. 1
- Davies, John 1
- Garden Way Publishing Company. Jack Williamson, Publisher. 1
- Green Mountain Club. 1
- Griffiths, Roger 1
- Jackman, Marguerite Murphy 1
- Lake Champlain Tercentenary Commission (Vt.) 1
- Leland, Henry Martyn, 1843-1932 1
- Lyman family 1
- Marsh, George Perkins 1801-1882 1
- Middlebury Maternal Health Clinic. 1
- Morrill, Justin S., (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- Nearing, Helen 1
- Nearing, Scott, 1883-1983 1
- Prophet, Bill 1
- Raymond, Dick 1
- Sampson, Paul 1
- Scofield, Ed 1
- Sherwood, Winfield T. 1
- Soule, Harris W. 1
- Stetson, Frederick E., 1943 1
- Stoddard, Gloria May, 1942- 1
- University of Vermont Personal narratives 1
- Upson, William Hazlett 1
- Vermont Antiquarian Society 1
- Vermont Copper Mining Company. 1
- Vermont. Teachers College, Castleton. 1
- W.Colson Leigh, Inc.. 1
- Wells, Joan 1 ∧ less