Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 18
Overview The Benedict Family papers consist of material from four generations and numerous members of the family, especially George Wyllys Benedict, George Grenville Benedict, and George Wyllys Benedict, II.
Abstract Collection contains letters of Benjamin F. Hatch, of Hartland, VT, to his wife, Lucina, written during his service in the 12th Vermont Regiment in the Civil War. Also includes an unidentified diary, 1854-1855, his military discharge, and other, non-Civil War correspondence.
Abstract The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including a number of letters from George Cargill documenting his service during the Civil War. Also included are many of George Cargill’s collected poems and songs. Also in the collection are account books, a war conscription notice and miscellaneous scraps.
Overview Collection contains Civil War letters of Charles and George Quimby of Concord, VT, a soldiers in the Third and Fifth Vermont Volunteers during the Civil War. The collection consists of correspondence with other Concord soldiers and civilians.
Abstract Charles Edmund Parker (1839-1923) was a prominent businessman of Vergennes, Vermont, Civil War veteran, and politician. The collection covers 1810-1943 and includes family and civil war era correspondence, militia records, business records, and photographs.
Overview The Collamer Family Papers consist of three cartons of letters, business papers, legal notes and dockets, account books, speeches and orations, and other manuscripts. Although the collection includes material from the early 1800s to the 1910s, the majority of the Papers fall in date between 1840 and 1865.
Overview The Francis O. Sawyer Papers consist of approximately one linear foot of manuscript material from the Quartermaster Corps, U.S. Volunteers.
Overview The Hubbard Family Papers consist of one box of family correspondence from the years 1825-1878. Probably the major interest of the Hubbard Family Papers lies in the considerable number of letters to and from Vermonters serving as soldiers during the Civil War.
Overview The collection consists of photocopies of James Davis' personal journals for July 6, 1861 - April 1, 1863, and May 2, 1864 - July 9 1865. Written while Davis was confined to his house by injuries, these journals offer detailed, educated comments of local events, the Civil War, literature, national politics, and a variety of other subjects.
Abstract James Marsh Read (1833-1865), an 1853 graduate of the University of Vermont, was an explorer of the American West and a Civil War soldier. He wrote critical essays about the events of the time and kept extensive correspondence with his family. These materials are combined with the collected research and manuscript of the collection’s donor, Gretchen Howe Miller, providing insight into James M. Read’s life and the issues of this period in American and Vermont history.
- Subject: United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 2
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton 1823-1887 1
- Benedict, George Grenville 1
- Benedict, George Wyllys 1
- Benedict, George Wyllys, II 1
- Billings, Frederick, 1823-1890 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Burlington Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Burlington Free Press 1
- Canfield, Thomas Hawley, 1822-1897. 1
- Canfield, Thomas Hawley, 1874-1864? 1
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Chittenden, L. E. (Lucius Eugene), 1824-1900. 1
- Collamer Family 1
- Collamer, Jacob, 1791-1865 1
- Commercial Bank (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Custer, George A., (George Armstrong), 1839-1876 1
- Davis, James, 1783-1868 1
- Fairbanks, Erastus, 1792-1864 1
- Fessenden, William Pitt 1806-1869 1
- Foote, Solomon 1
- Free Soil Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Hatch, Benjamin F. 1
- Holbrook, Frederick, 1813-1909 1
- Hopkins Family 1
- Hubbard family 1
- Kilborn Family of Poultney, Vermont 1
- Kilborn, Frank 1
- Kilborn, Samuel F. 1
- Lake Superior and Puget Sound Company 1
- Lyman, Wyllys 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Marsh, George Perkins 1801-1882 1
- Morrill, Justin S., (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- Northern Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Charles Carrol 1
- Parker, Charles E. 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Elizabeth Fleming 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Parker-Fleming family 1
- Phelps, Edward John 1822-1900 1
- Quimby, Charles W. 1
- Quimby, George W. 1
- Read, James Marsh 1
- Republican Party (Vt.) 1
- Roberts, Daniel 1811-1899 1
- Sawyer, Francis O. 1
- Smith Family of New Haven, Vermont 1
- Stevens, Henry 1819-1886 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 13th (1861-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 17th. 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 9th (1862-1865) 1
- United States. Department of the Treasury 1
- United States. Discovery and exploration 1
- University of Vermont. 1
- Vermont Cavalry. 1st Reg., 1861-1865. 1
- Vermont and Boston Telegraph 1
- Walton, E. P., (Eliakim Persons), 1812-1890 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1
- Wells, Arahanna, 1845-1905 1
- Wells, William, 1837-1892 1
- Yale, John, b. 1841 1 ∧ less