Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 14
Abstract Collection consists of letters to Sarah M. Jones from her brother Charles D. Jones and from her friend, and later husband, Andrew H. Norton, both of whom were Union soldiers in the Civil War.
Abstract Collection contains letters of Benjamin F. Hatch, of Hartland, VT, to his wife, Lucina, written during his service in the 12th Vermont Regiment in the Civil War. Also includes an unidentified diary, 1854-1855, his military discharge, and other, non-Civil War correspondence.
Abstract The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including a number of letters from George Cargill documenting his service during the Civil War. Also included are many of George Cargill’s collected poems and songs. Also in the collection are account books, a war conscription notice and miscellaneous scraps.
Overview Collection contains Civil War letters of Charles and George Quimby of Concord, VT, a soldiers in the Third and Fifth Vermont Volunteers during the Civil War. The collection consists of correspondence with other Concord soldiers and civilians.
Abstract Collection contains 76 letters of Charles Manson, a soldier who served in the 12th Vermont Infantry and later in the 17th Vermont Infantry. He was seriously wounded in the assault on Petersburg, April 2, 1865.
Overview The Collamer Family Papers consist of three cartons of letters, business papers, legal notes and dockets, account books, speeches and orations, and other manuscripts. Although the collection includes material from the early 1800s to the 1910s, the majority of the Papers fall in date between 1840 and 1865.
Overview The Francis O. Sawyer Papers consist of approximately one linear foot of manuscript material from the Quartermaster Corps, U.S. Volunteers.
Abstract Collection contains 12 small pocket diaries recording the weather, Civil War events (writer was a soldier), and general reflections on life and character.
Overview The Hubbard Family Papers consist of one box of family correspondence from the years 1825-1878. Probably the major interest of the Hubbard Family Papers lies in the considerable number of letters to and from Vermonters serving as soldiers during the Civil War.
Overview The collection consists of photocopies of James Davis' personal journals for July 6, 1861 - April 1, 1863, and May 2, 1864 - July 9 1865. Written while Davis was confined to his house by injuries, these journals offer detailed, educated comments of local events, the Civil War, literature, national politics, and a variety of other subjects.
- Subject: Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 X
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 2
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- Billings, Frederick, 1823-1890 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Collamer Family 1
- Collamer, Jacob, 1791-1865 1
- Davis, James, 1783-1868 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Fairbanks, Erastus, 1792-1864 1
- Hapgood Family 1
- Hatch, Benjamin F. 1
- Holbrook, Frederick, 1813-1909 1
- Hubbard family 1
- Jones, Charles D. 1
- Kilborn Family of Poultney, Vermont 1
- Kilborn, Frank 1
- Kilborn, Samuel F. 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Morrill, Justin S., (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- Norton, Andrew H. 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Quimby, Charles W. 1
- Quimby, George W. 1
- Sawyer, Francis O. 1
- Smith Family of New Haven, Vermont 1
- Stow, William 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 9th (1862-1865) 1
- University of Vermont. 1
- Walton, E. P., (Eliakim Persons), 1812-1890 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1 ∧ less