Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Overview This collection consists of two parts: the recorded activity of the Bakersfield Congregational Church and its various membership organizations, and coverage of other Bakersfield community organizations.
Overview The Baldwin Refrigerator Company was a concern for the manufacture of wooden refrigerators. The collection contains financial records, minutes of company meetings, correspondence with stockholders and some general correspondence.
Abstract The collection contains records from the town, and later city, of Burlington, Vermont up to 1900. The collection is not a comprehensive archive for that time period. Some categories are rich in documentation, others contain only a few folders of scattered material.
Overview The Clark/Field families papers consist of two cartons of miscellaneous family manuscripts dating from 1795. The materials span five generations in the two families. The collection includes scattered correspondence, some business papers, a few diaries and account books, drafts of various orations and speeches, local government and county court records, and assorted other paper materials.
Overview The five account books contain three types of records: (1) Company Accounts relating to Tomlinson's trade, (2) Domestic Accounts and (3) Arithmetical Accounts recorded by Daniel Tomlinson [jr.?].
Overview Garden Way Publishing existed primarily as a mail-order publishing house specializing in books on self-sufficiency and natural alternatives. Collection includes correspondence, typescripts, galleys, production notes, production mechanicals, reviews, art work, and photos, relating to titles published by the company; together with material relating to accounting, title selection, production, sales, and marketing, Gardens for All, and the Garden Way Living Center, Burlington, Vt.; and...
Abstract Guy Catlin (1782-1853) moved to Vermont during the 1790's, joining his brother Moses in Burlington. Guy Catlin formed the Lake Champlain Steamboat Co., later Champlain Transportation Co., in 1813. In 1830, in partnership with his brother Moses, Guy erected the Burlington Flour Mill at Winooski Falls. Three years later the Winooski Manufacturing Co. was incorporated. The Guy Catlin papers contain family and business papers relating to Alexander Catlin of Litchfield, CT, Moses Catlin (1770-1842)...
Overview The Lucius E. Chittenden papers include correspondence, letter books, account books, court dockets, transcriptions of testimony, lists of books, notebooks recording a trip to England (1871) which includes impression of bookseller Henry Stevens and various libraries, notes on rare books, notes on formation of the Republican Party in 1848, translations by Chittenden of descriptions of early French explorations of North America.
Overview Marshall Castle (1799-1875) represented the town of Essex in the General Assembly, and held other important offices of trust. The Marshall Castle papers include correspondence with family and townspeople, bills, receipts, notes, documents, land surveys, accounts and other papers. The collection contains materials from Marshall's father, Abel Castle, in addition to Marshall's papers.
Overview The Paul Brigham papers include correspondence, legal/court documents, Vermont town and state documents, and personal financial papers. Paul Brigham moved to Norwich, Vermont, in 1781 after serving in the Continental Army during the American Revolution and soon became prominent in both local and state affairs.
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton 1823-1887 1
- Bakersfield (Vt.). Free Public Library. 1
- Baldwin Manufacturing Company 1
- Burlington Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Burlington Flour Mill 1
- Castle, Abel 1
- Castle, Marshall 1799-1875 1
- Catlin family 1
- Catlin, Alexander 1
- Catlin, Guy 1782-1853 1
- Catlin, Lynde- 1
- Catlin, Moses 1770-1842 1
- Chittenden, L. E. (Lucius Eugene), 1824-1900. 1
- Clark Family 1
- Clark, Henry 1829-1899 1
- Clark, Jonas 1775-1854 1
- Clark, Merritt 1803-1898 1
- Clarke, Jess 1
- Commercial Bank (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). 1
- Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). Christian Endeavor. 1
- Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). Congregational Aid Society. 1
- Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). Ladies' Auxiliary. 1
- Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). Ladies' Congregational Aid Society. 1
- Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). Parsonage Association. 1
- Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). Young Ladies' Auxiliary. 1
- Davies, John 1
- Fessenden, William Pitt 1806-1869 1
- Field family 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1850-1935 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1881-1936 1
- Field, William M. 1813-1890 1
- First Congregational Church (Bakersfield, Vt.). 1
- Foote, Solomon 1
- Free Soil Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Garden Way Publishing Company. Jack Williamson, Publisher. 1
- Griffiths, Roger 1
- Hinds, O.L. 1
- Hinds, Oscar A. 1
- Hinds, Oscar T. 1
- Lake Champlain Steamboat Company 1
- Lake Champlain Transportation Company 1
- Lyman, Elias 1
- Lyman, Wyllys 1
- Marsh, George Perkins 1801-1882 1
- Nearing, Helen 1
- Nearing, Scott, 1883-1983 1
- Phelps, Edward John 1822-1900 1
- Prophet, Bill 1
- Raymond, Dick 1
- Republican Party (Vt.) 1
- Rixford Axe Company 1
- Rixford Manufacturing Co 1
- Rixford family 1
- Rixford, Oscar Stephen 1
- Roberts, Daniel 1811-1899 1
- Rutland Savings Bank (Rutland, Vt.) 1
- Rutland and Washington Railroad Company 1
- Sampson, Paul 1
- Scofield, Ed 1
- Smith, Ernest E. 1
- Smith, G.J. 1
- Stetson, Frederick E., 1943 1
- Stevens, Henry 1819-1886 1
- Tomlinson, Daniel 1
- United States. Department of the Treasury 1
- Wells, Joan 1
- Winooski Manufacturing Company 1 ∧ less