Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Overview The papers consist primarily of Aiken's senatorial files: bills and amendments, hearings, committee reports and recommendations, statistical studies, press releases, a great deal of correspondence, newspaper clippings, articles, photographs, sound recordings, films, and his senate diaries, as well as some materials from Aiken's gubernatorial years
Abstract Helen MacMartin (1891-1987) was Secretary-Treasurer of the Progressive Party of Vermont from 1948-1953, after which she continued to work with local, national, and international organizations that promoted peace, civil liberties, civil rights, and an end to nuclear proliferation. She died in Berlin, Vermont, November 3, 1987. This collection consists of the bulk of the printed materials from the Helen MacMartin Papers. It includes one carton of monographs and pamphlets dating from around 1945...
Abstract The Helen MacMartin Papers contain materials related to her tenure as the Secretary-Treasurer of the Progressive Party of Vermont, from 1948 to 1953, as well as her correspondence, from about 1945 to 1975, and clippings, newsletters, correspondence, and other materials concerning the many social concerns, groups, and organizations with which she was involved over the course of her life. She was born in Brooklyn, NY, in 1891, lived most of her life in Burlington, VT, and died in Berlin, VT, in...
Abstract Meyer served as U.S. Representative from Vermont, [1958-1965]. Collection includes correspondence, notes, reports, statements. printed matter, newspaper clippings, and other material, on such topics as agriculture, conservation, civil liberties ,and nuclear disarmament. Bulk of the collection is made up of congressional papers with materials on legislation, committee work, public opinion polls conducted by Meyer in Vermont, and the plan for peace which Meyer worked in as a member of Committee...
- MacMartin, Helen Hawthorne 2
- Aiken, George D. (George David), 1892-1984 1
- Meyer, William Henry 1
- Progressive Party (U.S.: 1948) 1
- Progressive Party (U.S.: 1948)—Vermont 1
- United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964. 1
- United States. Commission on Organization of the Executive Branch of the Government (1947-1949) 1
- United States. Congress. House. Committee on Foreign Affairs 1
- United States. Congress. Pensions. 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Agriculture and Forestry. 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Education and Labor. 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Foreign Relations. 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Post Office and Civil Service. -- General subdivision--Pensions; 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Committee on Restatement of Republican Principles. 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Food Allotment Bill.. 1
- United States. Congress. Senate. Republican Policy Committee.. 1
- United States. President's Commission on the Status of Women. 1
- United States. Treaty Banning Nuclear Weapons Tests in the Atmosphere, in Outer Space, and under Water (1971). 1
- Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Corporation. 1 ∧ less