Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Overview The Clark/Field families papers consist of two cartons of miscellaneous family manuscripts dating from 1795. The materials span five generations in the two families. The collection includes scattered correspondence, some business papers, a few diaries and account books, drafts of various orations and speeches, local government and county court records, and assorted other paper materials.
Abstract Consuelo Northrop Bailey (1899-1976) was a prominent political figure in Vermont from the 1920s to the 1970s, serving as State's Attorney, State Senator, State Representative, Speaker of the House, Lt. Governor (the first woman to hold such an office in the U.S.), and Republican National Committeewoman. The Consuelo Northrop Bailey Papers contain materials documenting Bailey's political and legal careers, as well as her personal papers, which include correspondence, school papers, financial...
Overview Rice was a journalist who served time as a member of the Vermont state legislature and as president of the hospital in Brattleboro, Vermont. Collection includes correspondents and other papers relating to the Brattleboro Reformer and Vermont Printing Company, Brattleboro, Vermont, Central Vermont Railway, Rice’s legislative service and political concerns, Brattleboro Memorial Hospital and New England Kurn Hattin Homes, both of which he served as president, Vermont Hospital Survey, New...
Overview Emerson was elected as a Republican to the Vermont House of Representatives in 1939, the Vermont State Senate in 1943, served two terms as lieutenant governor, 1945-47, before he was elected governor in 1951-53 and 1953-55. The collection covers the years 1941-(1951-1955)-1962.
Overview The Paul Brigham papers include correspondence, legal/court documents, Vermont town and state documents, and personal financial papers. Paul Brigham moved to Norwich, Vermont, in 1781 after serving in the Continental Army during the American Revolution and soon became prominent in both local and state affairs.
Overview Peter Thatcher Washburn was a Vermont Governor and Lawyer in Ludlow and Woodstock, Vermont. Collection includes letters books (2v.) of family correspondence (1839-58), letter books (2 v.) of business and legal correspondence (149-53), and manuscript records and transcriptions (1v.) of Vermont county court cases (1836-52).
Overview Collection includes correspondence and other papers of a prominent Vermont political family. The Smith Family Papers contain correspondence, legal documents, notes, typed and printed material, newspaper clippings and assorted family memorabilia.
- Aiken, George D. (George David), 1892-1984 1
- Bailey, Consuelo Northrop 1
- Bailey, Henry Albon 1
- Brattleboro Memorial Hospital. 1
- Brattleboro Reformer. 1
- Central Vermont Railway. 1
- Clark Family 1
- Clark, Henry 1829-1899 1
- Clark, Jonas 1775-1854 1
- Clark, Merritt 1803-1898 1
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 1
- Crane, Ephraim F. 1
- Emerson, Lee E. 1
- Field family 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1850-1935 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1881-1936 1
- Field, William M. 1813-1890 1
- Flanders, Ralph E. (Ralph Edward) 1
- Gibson, Ernest W. Jr. 1901-1969 1
- Howe, Peter A. 1
- Irish Terrier Club of America. 1
- Kurn Hattin Homes (Westminster and Saxtons River, Vt.). 1
- National Federation of Republican Women 1
- Northrop, Peter Bent Brigham 1
- Novikoff, Alex Benjamin 1
- Page, Proctor H. 1
- Plumley, Charles Albert, 1875-1964 1
- Plumley, Fletcher D. P. 1
- Proctor, Mortimer Robinson, 1889-1968 1
- Republican National Committee (U.S.) 1
- Republican Party (Vt.) 1
- Rice, Howard Crosby, 1878-1965 1
- Rutland Savings Bank (Rutland, Vt.) 1
- Rutland and Washington Railroad Company 1
- Smith family 1
- Smith, Edward Curtis, 1854-1935 1
- Smith, John Gregory, 1818-1891 1
- Smith, John, 1789-1858 1
- Swift, Benjamin, 1781-1847 1
- Vermont Printing Company. 1
- Vermont. Governor. 1
- Vermont. Hospital Survey and Construction Commission. 1
- Vermont. Liquor Control Board 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1
- Yale Law School. 1 ∧ less