Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Overview The Charles Edwin Allen Papers consist of materials relating both to Allen's life and his historical studies and writings, with the bulk concerning Allen's work on Burlington and Vermont history, including manuscripts and typescripts of several of his published articles and books.
Overview The Clark/Field families papers consist of two cartons of miscellaneous family manuscripts dating from 1795. The materials span five generations in the two families. The collection includes scattered correspondence, some business papers, a few diaries and account books, drafts of various orations and speeches, local government and county court records, and assorted other paper materials.
Overview The collection contains correspondence, essays by Bailey, legal briefs and notes, newspaper clippings, and a large body of title abstracts.
Overview The Lucius E. Chittenden papers include correspondence, letter books, account books, court dockets, transcriptions of testimony, lists of books, notebooks recording a trip to England (1871) which includes impression of bookseller Henry Stevens and various libraries, notes on rare books, notes on formation of the Republican Party in 1848, translations by Chittenden of descriptions of early French explorations of North America.
Overview Peter Thatcher Washburn was a Vermont Governor and Lawyer in Ludlow and Woodstock, Vermont. Collection includes letters books (2v.) of family correspondence (1839-58), letter books (2 v.) of business and legal correspondence (149-53), and manuscript records and transcriptions (1v.) of Vermont county court cases (1836-52).
Overview This collection consists of over 800 large (over 28 cm.) bound manuscript volumes documenting Vermont. The volumes were created by individuals and organizations and include account books, record books, photo albums, scrapbooks, and docket books.
Overview The Warren R. Austin papers include correspondence, speeches, and writings, notes and notebooks, legislative bills and drafts, printed and published materials, memoranda, newspaper clippings, documents, and photographs. Organized into seven major series: I. General Correspondence; II. Speeches, speech materials, and writings; III. China period; IV. US Senate; V. United Nations and afterward; VI. Published materials, biographical, personal, and memorabilia; VII. Law career.
Overview Collection includes correspondence, diaries, financial papers, receipts, memo books, printed items, and photos of Cyrus Washburn Wicker (1814-1887), merchant, of North Ferrisburgh, Vt., his wife, Maria Delight Wicker (1817-1903), and their sons, Henry C. Wicker (1839-1907) and Cassius M. Wicker (1844-1913), who traveled west to work for and manage various western railroads. Includes correspondence of Augustus C. French (1808-1864), attorney and Governor of Illinois (1846-1853) with his wife,...
- Subject: Lawyers X
- Allen family 1
- Allen, Ellen Cordelia, (Ellen Cordelia Lyman) Mrs. Charles Edwin Allen, b. 1843 1
- Austin, Warren Robinson, 1877-1962. 1
- Bailey, Henry Albon 1
- Baird, Spencer Fullerton 1823-1887 1
- Burlington Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Burlington Historical Society 1
- Chittenden, L. E. (Lucius Eugene), 1824-1900. 1
- Clark Family 1
- Clark, Henry 1829-1899 1
- Clark, Jonas 1775-1854 1
- Clark, Merritt 1803-1898 1
- Commercial Bank (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Fessenden, William Pitt 1806-1869 1
- Field family 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1850-1935 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1881-1936 1
- Field, William M. 1813-1890 1
- Foote, Solomon 1
- Free Soil Courier (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- French, Augustus C. 1
- French, Lucy Southworth 1
- Haskell and Wicker. 1
- Lake Champlain Tercentenary Commission (Vt.) 1
- Lyman family 1
- Lyman, Wyllys 1
- Marsh, George Perkins 1801-1882 1
- Phelps, Edward John 1822-1900 1
- Republican Party (Vt.) 1
- Roberts, Daniel 1811-1899 1
- Rutland Savings Bank (Rutland, Vt.) 1
- Rutland and Washington Railroad Company 1
- Stevens, Henry 1819-1886 1
- United Nations----Officials and employees, American 1
- United Nations--History 1
- United States. Department of the Treasury 1
- University of Vermont --Trials, litigation, etc. 1
- University of Vermont Personal narratives 1
- University of Vermont. University Libraries. Special Collections. 1
- Vermont Antiquarian Society 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1
- Wicker Family 1
- Wicker, Cassius M. 1
- Wicker, Cyrus French 1
- Wicker, Cyrus Washburns, 1814-1887 1
- Wicker, Grace Whiting 1
- Wicker, Henry C. 1
- Wicker, Maria Delight, 1817-1903 1 ∧ less