Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 21
Overview This collection documents UVM English Professor Leon W. Dean, mostly in the form of his correspondence and writings in many forms from draft to publication. A small amount of personal and teaching material is also present.
Found in: University of Vermont Archives
Overview The L. Douglas Meredith papers consist primarily of typescripts of speeches and articles by Meredith, and of newspaper clippings by or about him. The great majority of these deal with subjects within the banking, investment, and insurance fields.
Abstract Dr. Lyman Allen, 1872-1961, served on the faculty of the College of Medicine at the University of Vermont, was professor of Surgery at UVM, chief of Surgery at the Mary Fletcher Hospital, and attending surgeon at the Mary Fletcher, DeGoesbriad Memorial, and Fanny Allen Hospitals. This collections contains a book of typescript poetry, much of it concerning Christmas, a 1950 travel journal, an audio tape of an interview from about 1960, information about his property, a letter regarding his...
Overview The Mari Tomasi Papers contain drafts of two or her novels, Deep Grow the Roots and Like Lesser Gods, some records of the Poetry Society of Vermont, and several later articles and short stories, including "The Italian Story in Vermont" and "Happy Gifts to the Little King."
Abstract Collection contains photographs, correspondence, some UVM materials, and other documentation of Samuelson's life as well as his collected research (including many photographs), manuscript and typescript drafts, and preparation correspondence of his book, "The Story of the Jewish Community of Burlington, Vermont."
Abstract Daniel Clark Sanders (1768-1850) was the first President of the University of Vermont, 1800-1814. The collection consists of early records of the University of Vermont, including accounts, subscriptions, correspondence to individuals and members of the Corporation.
Found in: University of Vermont Archives
Overview Robert S. Babcock was a Republican Vermont state senator, a member of the Eisenhower State Committee, an alternate to the 1952 national convention, Lieutenant Governor for Vermont in 1959-1961, worked for the Political Science Department of the University of Vermont, and contributed to The Burlington Free Press, WCAX-radio, and WCAX-TV. Included in this collection are manuscripts for some of Babcock's writings and radio and TV addresses, a collection of his writings on the Vermont legislature,...
Overview The Brameld Papers include professional and family biographical information and correspondence, financial records, academic papers, published journal articles, publicity, book reviews, media presentations, family ephemera, two diaries, a scrapbook, audio tapes, slides, photographs, and newspaper clippings.
Overview The Walter Hill Crockett Papers consist of three cartons of correspondence, lecture notes and drafts of Crockett's writing from the period 1900-1931.
Overview The Walter Hard Papers consist of three cartons and one box of manuscripts, newpaper clippings and printed material. Mr. Hard's writings dominate the collection, in the form of clippings of his newspaper columns, drafts of his plays and stories, typescripts and manuscripts of his poems, and different versions of several of his books.
- Subject: Writings X
- University of Vermont Libraries, Special Collections 19
- University of Vermont Archives 2
- University of Vermont 3
- Allen, Lyman 1
- Babcock, Robert S. 1
- Baruch, Bernard M., (Bernard Mannes), 1870-1965 1
- Bennington Battle Monument and Historical Association. 1
- Bennington Museum and Historical Art Gallery. 1
- Bentley, W.A. (Wilson Alwyn) 1
- Brameld, Theodore Burghard Hurt, 1904- 1
- Budbill, David 1
- Colby, Bainbridge, 1869 1
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 1
- Cowles, Clarence P. (Clarence Porter) 1
- Crockett, Walter Hill, 1870-1931 1
- Dean, Leon W. 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Vermont. 1
- Gompers, Samuel, 1850-1924 1
- Hard, Walter R. 1
- Hemenway, Abby Maria, 1828-1890 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Hopkin, Edith 1
- Hopkins Family 1
- Hopkins, John Henry, 1792-1868 1
- Hughes, Charles Evans, 1862-1948 1
- Jackman, Marguerite Murphy 1
- Keyes, Frances Parkinson, 1885-1970 1
- Leland, Henry Martyn, 1843-1932 1
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924 1
- Meredith, Lewis Douglas, 1905- 1
- Neiburg, Gladys 1
- Perry, John B. (John Bulkley) 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D., (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- Samuelson, Myron 1
- Sanders, Daniel Clarke 1
- Sherwood, Winfield T. 1
- Society for Educational Reconstruction. 1
- Soule, Harris W. 1
- Spargo, John,, 1876-1966 1
- Stoddard, Gloria May, 1942- 1
- Stone, Frank A. 1
- Taft, William H., (William Howard), 1857-1930 1
- Tomasi, Mari, 1907-1965 1
- University of Vermont. 1
- University of Vermont. Office of the President 1
- Vermont Historical Society. 1
- Vermont. 1
- Woodrow, Wilson, 1856-1924 1 ∧ less