Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Collection consists of Civil War letters from Edward Holton, 4 photographs, and a few miscellaneous documents.
The Harold D. Newton Papers contain two diaries and four letters written by Newton, as well as newspaper clippings. All the material refers to the participation of Company K of the First Vermont Infantry in the Mexican-American encounter of 1916. American troops were sent to Eagle Pass, Texas in June 1916, but never crossed the border or participated in any action before returning to Vermont in October of the same year.
- Names: United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 1st (1916) X
- Diaries 1
- Eagle Pass (Tex.) 1
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920 1
- Photographs 1
- Soldiers -- Correspondence -- 1845-1875 -- Vermont 1
- Holton, Edward A. 1
- Newton, Harold D. 1
- United States. Army (General subdivision: History. Chronological subdivision: Punitive Expedition into Mexico, 1916.) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 1