Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
Abstract Clarence P. Cowles was born in Albany, Vermont on August 30th, 1875, and continued to practice law in Burlington until his death in 1963. The collection contains correspondence, writings of C.P. Cowles, newspaper clippings, scrapbooks and memorabilia.
Abstract The David Budbill papers contain both personal and professional papers of the Vermont poet, author, playwright, and musician.
Overview Frances Parkinson Keyes (July 21, 1885 - July 3, 1970) was one of the best-known authors of her time. The Frances Parkinson Keyes Papers consist of 13 cartons of materials from 1898 to 1972. The Papers are arranged into four series: Correspondence, Early Writings, Manuscripts, and Personal Materials.
Overview The bulk of the collection documents Neiburg's literary works.
Abstract Collection consists of the typescripts of Stoddard's writings about notable Vermonters "Snowflake" Bentley (Wilson Bentley), Henry Leland, and Calvin Coolidge and Grace Coolidge. Maples and maple sugaring are also covered as a topic alongside more general articles printed in publications for children.
Overview The Harris W. Soule Papers are made up almost entirely of materials relating to his book, Northwoods Tales and Unusual Recipes. Included are manuscripts, typescripts and printer's galleys of the work, as well as correspondence with publishers, prospective buyers and reviewers.
Overview The collection includes a few folders of Jackmanfamily material, but the majority of the papers relate to Mrs. Jackman's work on the history of Corinth, Vermont.
Abstract Collection contains correspondence; diaries; and notes, lectures, sermons, and essays on the subjects of Geology, History, Science, Philosophy, and Religion documenting the career and thought of UVM Geology professor and Congregational minister in Vermont, John B. Perry, who was a major figure in the field of Geology at the time.
Overview Artist, lawyer, ironmonger, muscian, architect, theologian and first Episcopal Bishop of Vermont, John Henry Hopkins was born in Dublin, Ireland on January 22, 1792. The John H. Hopkins Family Papers consist largely of miscellaneous manuscripts of Bishop Hopkins and his great-granddaughter, Edith Hopkins.
Overview John Spargo was a historian and reformer.The founder of the Bennington Museum, president of the Bennington Battle Monument and the Vermont Hsitorical Society. Collection includes correspondence, notes, writings, newspaper clippings, and other papers, relating to Spargo’s activities as a Socialists (1901-16), and subsequently as political analyst, historian, and anti-communist; together with letters, deeds, court records, government documents, and other autograph and ms. material relating to...
- Subject: Writings X
- University of Vermont Libraries, Special Collections 18
- University of Vermont Archives 2
- University of Vermont 3
- Allen, Lyman 1
- Babcock, Robert S. 1
- Baruch, Bernard M., (Bernard Mannes), 1870-1965 1
- Bennington Battle Monument and Historical Association. 1
- Bennington Museum and Historical Art Gallery. 1
- Bentley, W.A. (Wilson Alwyn) 1
- Brameld, Theodore Burghard Hurt, 1904- 1
- Budbill, David 1
- Colby, Bainbridge, 1869 1
- Coolidge, Calvin, 1872-1933 1
- Cowles, Clarence P. (Clarence Porter) 1
- Crockett, Walter Hill, 1870-1931 1
- Dean, Leon W. 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Vermont. 1
- Gompers, Samuel, 1850-1924 1
- Hard, Walter R. 1
- Hemenway, Abby Maria, 1828-1890 1
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964 1
- Hopkin, Edith 1
- Hopkins Family 1
- Hopkins, John Henry, 1792-1868 1
- Hughes, Charles Evans, 1862-1948 1
- Jackman, Marguerite Murphy 1
- Keyes, Frances Parkinson, 1885-1970 1
- Leland, Henry Martyn, 1843-1932 1
- Lodge, Henry Cabot, 1850-1924 1
- Meredith, Lewis Douglas, 1905- 1
- Neiburg, Gladys 1
- Perry, John B. (John Bulkley) 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D., (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- Sanders, Daniel Clarke 1
- Sherwood, Winfield T. 1
- Society for Educational Reconstruction. 1
- Soule, Harris W. 1
- Spargo, John,, 1876-1966 1
- Stoddard, Gloria May, 1942- 1
- Stone, Frank A. 1
- Taft, William H., (William Howard), 1857-1930 1
- Tomasi, Mari, 1907-1965 1
- University of Vermont. 1
- University of Vermont. Office of the President 1
- Vermont Historical Society. 1
- Vermont. 1
- Woodrow, Wilson, 1856-1924 1 ∧ less