Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
James Marsh Read Papers
James Marsh Read (1833-1865), an 1853 graduate of the University of Vermont, was an explorer of the American West and a Civil War soldier. He wrote critical essays about the events of the time and kept extensive correspondence with his family. These materials are combined with the collected research and manuscript of the collection’s donor, Gretchen Howe Miller, providing insight into James M. Read’s life and the issues of this period in American and Vermont history.
Dates: 1848-2004; Majority of material found within 1848 - 1866
Tabor H. Parcher Papers
Collection contains several letters of Civil War soldier, Tabor H. Parcher of the 10th VT Regiment, to his wife Sarah, as well as Parcher's diary.
- Diaries 1
- Maps 1
- Soldiers -- Correspondence -- 1845-1875 -- Vermont 1
- Soldiers -- Diaries -- 1864-1865 -- Vermont 1
- United States -- History -- Personal narratives -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- Read, James Marsh 1
- United States. Discovery and exploration 1