Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Andrew H. Norton and Charles D. Jones Civil War Letters to Sarah M. Jones
Collection consists of letters to Sarah M. Jones from her brother Charles D. Jones and from her friend, and later husband, Andrew H. Norton, both of whom were Union soldiers in the Civil War.
Benjamin F. Hatch Papers
Collection contains letters of Benjamin F. Hatch, of Hartland, VT, to his wife, Lucina, written during his service in the 12th Vermont Regiment in the Civil War. Also includes an unidentified diary, 1854-1855, his military discharge, and other, non-Civil War correspondence.
Cargill Family Papers
The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including a number of letters from George Cargill documenting his service during the Civil War. Also included are many of George Cargill’s collected poems and songs. Also in the collection are account books, a war conscription notice and miscellaneous scraps.
Charles and George Quimby Civil War Letters
Collection contains Civil War letters of Charles and George Quimby of Concord, VT, a soldiers in the Third and Fifth Vermont Volunteers during the Civil War. The collection consists of correspondence with other Concord soldiers and civilians.
Charles G. Gould Papers
The Charles G. Gould papers document the life of brevetted Civil War major, Charles G. Gould from his enlistment in Company G of the 11th Vermont Regiment to his death. The collection contains hundreds of pieces of correspondence as well as diaries and transcripts, military and professional papers, photographs, objects, ephemera, and newspaper clippings detailing his time as a soldier in the Civil War as well as his work in numerous Federal departments and agencies post-War.
Charles Manson Civil War Letters
Collection contains 76 letters of Charles Manson, a soldier who served in the 12th Vermont Infantry and later in the 17th Vermont Infantry. He was seriously wounded in the assault on Petersburg, April 2, 1865.
Hapgood Family Papers
Collection contains 12 small pocket diaries recording the weather, Civil War events (writer was a soldier), and general reflections on life and character.
John Q. Dickinson Papers
Collection contains the Civil War letters of John Q. Dickinson, a captain in the 7th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. Includes letters written by Dickinson during service in Louisiana, a memo book containing a refutation of General Ben Butler's accusations against the 7th VT Infantry, diaries, and letters from Florida after the Civil War, where he was killed by the Ku Klux Klan.
Parker Family Papers
The Parker Family Papers consist largely of Civil War letters to and from Moses A. Parker. Parker's letters, many of which are to his fiance and eventual wife Eliza E. Hale Parker, offer considerable detail on the daily life of the Civil War soldier. The Parker Family was from Concord, Vermont.
Savage Family Papers
Collection includes primarily letters (1860-79) received by Reuben A. and Elizabeth R. Ladd Savage, residents of Stowe, Vt., from family members in New England, Baraboo, Wisconsin, Esondido, California, Lawrence, Kansas, and Metamora, Illinois, concerning everday life; includes a few civil War letters from Stowe men serving in the Army.
- United States -- History -- Personal narratives -- Civil War, 1861-1865 10
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 10
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 9
- Correspondence 8
- Soldiers -- Correspondence -- 1845-1875 -- Vermont 4
- Diaries 3
- United States--History--Personal narratives--Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Baraboo (Wis.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Bradford (Vt.) 1
- Escondido (Ca.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Lawrence (Ka.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- Letters (correspondence) 1
- New England -- Social life and customs. 1
- Peru, (Vt.) 1
- Photographs 1
- School records 1
- Soldiers -- Diaries -- 1864-1865 -- Vermont 1
- Songs (document genre) 1
- Stowe (Vt.) -- Social life and customs. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Vermont --History --Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 2
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Hapgood Family 1
- Hatch, Benjamin F. 1
- Jones, Charles D. 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Norton, Andrew H. 1
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Quimby, Charles W. 1
- Quimby, George W. 1
- Savage Family 1
- Stow, William 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1 + ∧ less