Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Collection consists of letters to Sarah M. Jones from her brother Charles D. Jones and from her friend, and later husband, Andrew H. Norton, both of whom were Union soldiers in the Civil War.
Collection contains letters of Benjamin F. Hatch, of Hartland, VT, to his wife, Lucina, written during his service in the 12th Vermont Regiment in the Civil War. Also includes an unidentified diary, 1854-1855, his military discharge, and other, non-Civil War correspondence.
The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including a number of letters from George Cargill documenting his service during the Civil War. Also included are many of George Cargill’s collected poems and songs. Also in the collection are account books, a war conscription notice and miscellaneous scraps.
Collection contains Civil War letters of Charles and George Quimby of Concord, VT, a soldiers in the Third and Fifth Vermont Volunteers during the Civil War. The collection consists of correspondence with other Concord soldiers and civilians.
Collection contains 76 letters of Charles Manson, a soldier who served in the 12th Vermont Infantry and later in the 17th Vermont Infantry. He was seriously wounded in the assault on Petersburg, April 2, 1865.
Collection contains 12 small pocket diaries recording the weather, Civil War events (writer was a soldier), and general reflections on life and character.
Collection contains the Civil War letters of John Q. Dickinson, a captain in the 7th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. Includes letters written by Dickinson during service in Louisiana, a memo book containing a refutation of General Ben Butler's accusations against the 7th VT Infantry, diaries, and letters from Florida after the Civil War, where he was killed by the Ku Klux Klan.
The Parker Family Papers consist largely of Civil War letters to and from Moses A. Parker. Parker's letters, many of which are to his fiance and eventual wife Eliza E. Hale Parker, offer considerable detail on the daily life of the Civil War soldier. The Parker Family was from Concord, Vermont.
Collection contains several letters of Civil War soldier, Tabor H. Parcher of the 10th VT Regiment, to his wife Sarah, as well as Parcher's diary.
Letters of Private William Stow of the Second Vermont Infantry in the Civil War. Includes a few letters of his brother Lewis, also in the second.
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 9
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 8
- United States -- History -- Personal narratives -- Civil War, 1861-1865 8
- Correspondence 7
- Soldiers -- Correspondence -- 1845-1875 -- Vermont 4
- Diaries 3
- United States--History--Personal narratives--Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Bradford (Vt.) 1
- Peru, (Vt.) 1
- School records 1
- Soldiers -- Diaries -- 1864-1865 -- Vermont 1
- Songs (document genre) 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Vermont --History --Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 2
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Hapgood Family 1
- Hatch, Benjamin F. 1
- Jones, Charles D. 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Norton, Andrew H. 1
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Quimby, Charles W. 1
- Quimby, George W. 1
- Stow, William 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1 + ∧ less