Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 12
Andrew H. Norton and Charles D. Jones Civil War Letters to Sarah M. Jones
Collection consists of letters to Sarah M. Jones from her brother Charles D. Jones and from her friend, and later husband, Andrew H. Norton, both of whom were Union soldiers in the Civil War.
Cargill Family Papers
The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including a number of letters from George Cargill documenting his service during the Civil War. Also included are many of George Cargill’s collected poems and songs. Also in the collection are account books, a war conscription notice and miscellaneous scraps.
Charles G. Gould Papers
The Charles G. Gould papers document the life of brevetted Civil War major, Charles G. Gould from his enlistment in Company G of the 11th Vermont Regiment to his death. The collection contains hundreds of pieces of correspondence as well as diaries and transcripts, military and professional papers, photographs, objects, ephemera, and newspaper clippings detailing his time as a soldier in the Civil War as well as his work in numerous Federal departments and agencies post-War.
Charles Manson Civil War Letters
Collection contains 76 letters of Charles Manson, a soldier who served in the 12th Vermont Infantry and later in the 17th Vermont Infantry. He was seriously wounded in the assault on Petersburg, April 2, 1865.
Collamer Family Papers
The Collamer Family Papers consist of three cartons of letters, business papers, legal notes and dockets, account books, speeches and orations, and other manuscripts. Although the collection includes material from the early 1800s to the 1910s, the majority of the Papers fall in date between 1840 and 1865.
Edward A. Holton Civil War Papers
Collection consists of Civil War letters from Edward Holton, 4 photographs, and a few miscellaneous documents.
Hubbard Family Papers
The Hubbard Family Papers consist of one box of family correspondence from the years 1825-1878. Probably the major interest of the Hubbard Family Papers lies in the considerable number of letters to and from Vermonters serving as soldiers during the Civil War.
John Q. Dickinson Papers
Collection contains the Civil War letters of John Q. Dickinson, a captain in the 7th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. Includes letters written by Dickinson during service in Louisiana, a memo book containing a refutation of General Ben Butler's accusations against the 7th VT Infantry, diaries, and letters from Florida after the Civil War, where he was killed by the Ku Klux Klan.
Lanpher and Demeritt Families Papers
The collection contains Civil War letters, family correspondence, photographs, photograph albums, diaries, notes, school work, memorial cards, clippings, and financial documents (pension claims) documenting George M. Lanpher and Rufus G. Lanpher who both served in the Civil War. Activities of other members and later generations of the related families of Lanpher and Demeritt are also documented.
Parker Family Papers
The Parker Family Papers consist largely of Civil War letters to and from Moses A. Parker. Parker's letters, many of which are to his fiance and eventual wife Eliza E. Hale Parker, offer considerable detail on the daily life of the Civil War soldier. The Parker Family was from Concord, Vermont.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 9
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 9
- United States -- History -- Personal narratives -- Civil War, 1861-1865 7
- Soldiers -- Correspondence -- 1845-1875 -- Vermont 5
- Diaries 3
- Photographs 3
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Vermont --History --Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Financial records 2
- Account books 1
- Bradford (Vt.) 1
- Law--Vermont 1
- Legal documents 1
- Legislators--United States 1
- Practice of law 1
- Rutland (Vt.) 1
- School records 1
- Sheep--Breeding 1
- Soldiers -- Diaries -- 1864-1865 -- Vermont 1
- Songs (document genre) 1
- Speeches 1
- United States--History--Personal narratives--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Whiting (Vt.) 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 2
- Billings, Frederick, 1823-1890 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Collamer Family 1
- Collamer, Jacob, 1791-1865 1
- Demeritt Family 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Fairbanks, Erastus, 1792-1864 1
- Holbrook, Frederick, 1813-1909 1
- Holton, Edward A. 1
- Hubbard family 1
- Jones, Charles D. 1
- Lanpher Family 1
- Lanpher, George M. 1
- Lanpher, Rufus G. 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Morrill, Justin S., (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- Norton, Andrew H. 1
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Stow, William 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 1st (1916) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1
- University of Vermont. 1
- Walton, E. P., (Eliakim Persons), 1812-1890 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1 + ∧ less