Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
The Bates family papers include legal documents (estate records and deeds), sermons and scrapbooks of Samuel L. Bates, and diaries of Mary R. Bates.
The Charles Monroe Sheldon collection includes fourteen (14) printed sermons which were delivered by Dr. Sheldon at the Waterbury (Vermont) Congregational Church from October 1887 to September 1888. The first nine of these form a series which outlines the "Reasons for Living the Christian Life."
The collection consists of three cartons containing documents which range from April 17, 1810 to January 1981.
Collection contains correspondence; diaries; and notes, lectures, sermons, and essays on the subjects of Geology, History, Science, Philosophy, and Religion documenting the career and thought of UVM Geology professor and Congregational minister in Vermont, John B. Perry, who was a major figure in the field of Geology at the time.
Artist, lawyer, ironmonger, muscian, architect, theologian and first Episcopal Bishop of Vermont, John Henry Hopkins was born in Dublin, Ireland on January 22, 1792. The John H. Hopkins Family Papers consist largely of miscellaneous manuscripts of Bishop Hopkins and his great-granddaughter, Edith Hopkins.
A collection of sermons written by Reverend Orrin G. Baker.
Collection contains sermons, speeches, and notebooks of Congregational minister Parsons S. Pratt who was based in Dorset, Vermont and also traveled to army camps during the Civil War.
- Subject: Sermons X
- Correspondence 4
- Clergymen -- Congregationalists 3
- Religion -- Vermont 3
- Congregational churches -- Clergy -- Vermont 2
- Diaries 2
- Lectures 2
- Theology 2
- Writings 2
- Astronomy -- 19th century -- Vermont 1
- Christianity -- Philosophy -- 19th century 1
- Church records 1
- Churches -- Vermont -- Burlington. 1
- Financial records 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Music 1
- Natural History (Vt.) 1
- Notes 1
- Paraguay 1
- Photographs 1
- Religion--Vermont 1
- School records 1
- Science -- History -- 19th century 1
- Scientists -- 19 century -- Vermont 1
- Slavery -- Justification 1
- Teachers -- 19th century -- Vermont 1
- Women travelers 1 ∧ less
- Hopkins Family 2
- Bates, Mary Russell 1
- Bates, Samuel Lysander, 1831-1904 1
- Canfield Family 1
- Canfield, Thomas Hawley 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Vermont 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Vermont. 1
- First Congregational Church (Waterbury, Vt.) 1
- First Unitarian Universalist Society (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Hemenway, Abby Maria, 1828-1890 1
- Hopkin, Edith 1
- Hopkins, Jerome 1
- Hopkins, John H. (John Henry) 1
- Hopkins, John Henry 1
- Hopkins, John Henry, 1792-1868 1
- Lyon, Asa 1
- Perry, John B. (John Bulkley) 1
- Pratt, Parsons S. 1
- Sheldon, Charles Monroe 1
- University of Vermont 1
- University of Vermont -- History 1
- Williams, Samuel 1 ∧ less