Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
First Unitarian Church Records
The collection consists of three cartons containing documents which range from April 17, 1810 to January 1981.
Hopkins and Canfield Families Papers
Abstract The Hopkins and Canfield Families Papers contain correspondence, John Henry Hopkins Sr. materials, Charles Jerome Hopkins materials, Hopkinsfolk genealogical materials, family legal records, memorabilia, music, newspaper clippings, photographs, materials about the family and church property at Rock Point in Burlington, VT, writings by various family members, and books owned by family members. These materials range in date from around 1790 to around 1960, and they document the church and...
John B. Perry Papers
Collection contains correspondence; diaries; and notes, lectures, sermons, and essays on the subjects of Geology, History, Science, Philosophy, and Religion documenting the career and thought of UVM Geology professor and Congregational minister in Vermont, John B. Perry, who was a major figure in the field of Geology at the time.
Samuel Williams Papers
Abstract Samuel Williams was a Congregational minister, Professor of Mathematics and Natural Philosophy at Harvard, and a founder of the University of Vermont. This collection includes correspondence, sermons, lectures, and other papers, relating to Williams’ teaching career, compilation and publication of his Natural and Civil History of Vermont (1794), astronomical observations (1806) to determine the northern boundary of Vermont, and other scientific topics. Includes partial manuscripts of the...
- Lectures 2
- Religion -- Vermont 2
- Astronomy -- 19th century -- Vermont 1
- Christianity -- Philosophy -- 19th century 1
- Church records 1
- Churches -- Vermont -- Burlington. 1
- Diaries 1
- Financial records 1
- Manuscripts (document genre) 1
- Music 1
- Natural History (Vt.) 1
- Paraguay 1
- Science -- History -- 19th century 1
- Scientists -- 19 century -- Vermont 1
- Slavery -- Justification 1
- Teachers -- 19th century -- Vermont 1
- Writings 1 + ∧ less
- Canfield Family 1
- Canfield, Thomas Hawley 1
- Episcopal Church. Diocese of Vermont 1
- First Unitarian Universalist Society (Burlington, Vt.) 1
- Hemenway, Abby Maria, 1828-1890 1