Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Hapgood Family Papers
Collection contains 12 small pocket diaries recording the weather, Civil War events (writer was a soldier), and general reflections on life and character.
James Davis Papers
The collection consists of photocopies of James Davis' personal journals for July 6, 1861 - April 1, 1863, and May 2, 1864 - July 9 1865. Written while Davis was confined to his house by injuries, these journals offer detailed, educated comments of local events, the Civil War, literature, national politics, and a variety of other subjects.
John Q. Dickinson Papers
Collection contains the Civil War letters of John Q. Dickinson, a captain in the 7th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. Includes letters written by Dickinson during service in Louisiana, a memo book containing a refutation of General Ben Butler's accusations against the 7th VT Infantry, diaries, and letters from Florida after the Civil War, where he was killed by the Ku Klux Klan.
Lanpher and Demeritt Families Papers
The collection contains Civil War letters, family correspondence, photographs, photograph albums, diaries, notes, school work, memorial cards, clippings, and financial documents (pension claims) documenting George M. Lanpher and Rufus G. Lanpher who both served in the Civil War. Activities of other members and later generations of the related families of Lanpher and Demeritt are also documented.
Tabor H. Parcher Papers
Collection contains several letters of Civil War soldier, Tabor H. Parcher of the 10th VT Regiment, to his wife Sarah, as well as Parcher's diary.
- Vermont -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 4
- Correspondence 3
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- United States -- History -- Personal narratives -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Financial records 1
- Peru, (Vt.) 1
- Photocopies 1
- Photographs 1
- Soldiers -- Correspondence -- 1845-1875 -- Vermont 1
- Soldiers -- Diaries -- 1864-1865 -- Vermont 1
- St. Albans (Vt.) 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Vermont --History --Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- Davis, James, 1783-1868 1
- Demeritt Family 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Hapgood Family 1
- Lanpher Family 1
- Lanpher, George M. 1
- Lanpher, Rufus G. 1
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1 + ∧ less