Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Collection consists of letters to Sarah M. Jones from her brother Charles D. Jones and from her friend, and later husband, Andrew H. Norton, both of whom were Union soldiers in the Civil War.
The collection contains several folders of correspondence, including a number of letters from George Cargill documenting his service during the Civil War. Also included are many of George Cargill’s collected poems and songs. Also in the collection are account books, a war conscription notice and miscellaneous scraps.
The Charles G. Gould papers document the life of brevetted Civil War major, Charles G. Gould from his enlistment in Company G of the 11th Vermont Regiment to his death. The collection contains hundreds of pieces of correspondence as well as diaries and transcripts, military and professional papers, photographs, objects, ephemera, and newspaper clippings detailing his time as a soldier in the Civil War as well as his work in numerous Federal departments and agencies post-War.
Collection contains 76 letters of Charles Manson, a soldier who served in the 12th Vermont Infantry and later in the 17th Vermont Infantry. He was seriously wounded in the assault on Petersburg, April 2, 1865.
Collection contains the Civil War letters of John Q. Dickinson, a captain in the 7th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. Includes letters written by Dickinson during service in Louisiana, a memo book containing a refutation of General Ben Butler's accusations against the 7th VT Infantry, diaries, and letters from Florida after the Civil War, where he was killed by the Ku Klux Klan.
The Parker Family Papers consist largely of Civil War letters to and from Moses A. Parker. Parker's letters, many of which are to his fiance and eventual wife Eliza E. Hale Parker, offer considerable detail on the daily life of the Civil War soldier. The Parker Family was from Concord, Vermont.
Collection contains several letters of Civil War soldier, Tabor H. Parcher of the 10th VT Regiment, to his wife Sarah, as well as Parcher's diary.
Letters of Private William Stow of the Second Vermont Infantry in the Civil War. Includes a few letters of his brother Lewis, also in the second.
- United States -- History -- Personal narratives -- Civil War, 1861-1865 7
- Soldiers -- Correspondence -- 1845-1875 -- Vermont 4
- Diaries 2
- Bradford (Vt.) 1
- Photographs 1
- School records 1
- Soldiers -- Diaries -- 1864-1865 -- Vermont 1
- Songs (document genre) 1
- United States--History--Personal narratives--Civil War, 1861-1865 1 + ∧ less
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Jones, Charles D. 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Norton, Andrew H. 1
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Stow, William 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1 + ∧ less