Showing Collections: 11 - 17 of 17
Overview The collection consists of photocopies of James Davis' personal journals for July 6, 1861 - April 1, 1863, and May 2, 1864 - July 9 1865. Written while Davis was confined to his house by injuries, these journals offer detailed, educated comments of local events, the Civil War, literature, national politics, and a variety of other subjects.
Scope and Contents Collection contains the Civil War letters of John Q. Dickinson, a captain in the 7th Vermont Infantry during the Civil War. Includes letters written by Dickinson during service in Louisiana, a memo book containing a refutation of General Ben Butler's accusations against the 7th VT Infantry, diaries, and letters from Florida after the Civil War, where he was killed by the Ku Klux Klan.
Overview The collection contains Civil War letters, family correspondence, photographs, photograph albums, diaries, notes, school work, memorial cards, clippings, and financial documents (pension claims) documenting George M. Lanpher and Rufus G. Lanpher who both served in the Civil War. Activities of other members and later generations of the related families of Lanpher and Demeritt are also documented.
Abstract The Parker Family Papers consist largely of Civil War letters to and from Moses A. Parker. Parker's letters, many of which are to his fiance and eventual wife Eliza E. Hale Parker, offer considerable detail on the daily life of the Civil War soldier. The Parker Family was from Concord, Vermont.
Abstract The Smith-Kilborn Letters consist of Kilborn family correspondence from 1862-1863, mostly consisting of letters from the Kilborn men who were serving in the army. The collection also contains Smith correspondence from 1872-1880. Most of these letters are addressed to one Eva E. Smith (occasionally spelled Evah).
Abstract Collection contains several letters of Civil War soldier, Tabor H. Parcher of the 10th VT Regiment, to his wife Sarah, as well as Parcher's diary.
Abstract Letters of Private William Stow of the Second Vermont Infantry in the Civil War. Includes a few letters of his brother Lewis, also in the second.
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 12th (1862-1863) 2
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 2nd (1861-1865) 2
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1864) 2
- Billings, Frederick, 1823-1890 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Cargill Family 1
- Cargill, George 1
- Collamer Family 1
- Collamer, Jacob, 1791-1865 1
- Davis, James, 1783-1868 1
- Demeritt Family 1
- Dickinson, John Q. 1
- Fairbanks, Erastus, 1792-1864 1
- Hapgood Family 1
- Hatch, Benjamin F. 1
- Holbrook, Frederick, 1813-1909 1
- Holton, Edward A. 1
- Hubbard family 1
- Jones, Charles D. 1
- Kilborn Family of Poultney, Vermont 1
- Kilborn, Frank 1
- Kilborn, Samuel F. 1
- Lanpher Family 1
- Lanpher, George M. 1
- Lanpher, Rufus G. 1
- Manson, Charles 1
- Morrill, Justin S., (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- Norton, Andrew H. 1
- Parcher, Tabor H. 1
- Parker family 1
- Parker, Eliza E. Hale 1
- Parker, Moses 1
- Quimby, Charles W. 1
- Quimby, George W. 1
- Sawyer, Francis O. 1
- Smith Family of New Haven, Vermont 1
- Stow, William 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 10th (1862-1865). 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 1st (1916) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 3rd (1861-1865) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866) 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 7th (1862-1866). Company C 1
- United States. Army. Vermont Infantry Regiment, 9th (1862-1865) 1
- University of Vermont. 1
- Walton, E. P., (Eliakim Persons), 1812-1890 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1 ∧ less