Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview The Benjamin Collins Papers document his work as chief aid to Vermont Governor Philip H. Hoff including work in state government, ideology at a time of rapid social change, political campaigns, and the Youth Project of Vermont which Collins directed.
Overview The Clark/Field families papers consist of two cartons of miscellaneous family manuscripts dating from 1795. The materials span five generations in the two families. The collection includes scattered correspondence, some business papers, a few diaries and account books, drafts of various orations and speeches, local government and county court records, and assorted other paper materials.
Overview The Collamer Family Papers consist of three cartons of letters, business papers, legal notes and dockets, account books, speeches and orations, and other manuscripts. Although the collection includes material from the early 1800s to the 1910s, the majority of the Papers fall in date between 1840 and 1865.
Abstract Collection consists of typescripts of speeches of Vermont Agriculture Commissioner, Edward H. Jones.
Overview Frank Lester Greene served in the US House of Representatives from Vermont, 1912-1923. Prior to his tenure in the US House he had been active in Republican clubs and activities in the state and served with the Vermont National Guard in the Spanish-American War. The collection of papers primarily includes family documents, photographs, military papers, speeches, articles, correspondence, campaign material and family memorabilia.
Overview The James Hulme Canfield collection contains correspondence, newspaper clippings, speeches, notebooks from his professorship at the University of Kansas and family memorabilia. Of particular interest are letters from his daughter, Dorothy Canfield Fisher, and his wife, Flavia Camp Canfield, during trips to the family home in Vermont, and during two extended European trips.
Overview Emerson was elected as a Republican to the Vermont House of Representatives in 1939, the Vermont State Senate in 1943, served two terms as lieutenant governor, 1945-47, before he was elected governor in 1951-53 and 1953-55. The collection covers the years 1941-(1951-1955)-1962.
Overview The L. Douglas Meredith papers consist primarily of typescripts of speeches and articles by Meredith, and of newspaper clippings by or about him. The great majority of these deal with subjects within the banking, investment, and insurance fields.
Overview The Madeleine May Kunin Papers contain materials spanning her political career from 1977 as Lieutenant Governor to 1996 when she left the United States to become Ambassador to Switzerland.
Abstract Collection includes correspondence, drafts of speeches, records and record books, printed material, newspaper clippings, photos, and memorabilia largely relating to social events and historical celebrations sponsored by the commandery or other similar groups, including the Lake Champlain Tercentennial Celebration of 1909. Includes materials from other chapters of the order.
- Babcock, Robert S. 1
- Billings, Frederick, 1823-1890 1
- Brown, John, 1800-1859 1
- Canfield, Flavia Camp, b. 1844 1
- Canfield, James Hulme, 1830-1909 1
- Clark Family 1
- Clark, Henry 1829-1899 1
- Clark, Jonas 1775-1854 1
- Clark, Merritt 1803-1898 1
- Collamer Family 1
- Collamer, Jacob, 1791-1865 1
- Collins, Benjamin M. 1
- Columbia University 1
- DeBoer, Joseph 1
- Emerson, Lee E. 1
- Fairbanks, Erastus, 1792-1864 1
- Field family 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1850-1935 1
- Field, Frederick Arnold 1881-1936 1
- Field, William M. 1813-1890 1
- Fisher, Dorothy Canfield, 1879-1958 1
- Flanders, Ralph E. (Ralph Edward) 1
- Goddard College. 1
- Greene family 1
- Greene, Frank Lester, 1870-1930 1
- Hoff, Philip H. (Philip Henderson), 1924- 1
- Holbrook, Frederick, 1813-1909 1
- Howe, Peter A. 1
- Jones, Edward H. 1
- Kunin, Madeleine 1
- Meredith, Lewis Douglas, 1905- 1
- Metzger, Fraser, Rev. 1
- Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States 1
- Military Order of the Loyal Legion of the United States. Vermont Commandery 1
- Morrill, Justin S., (Justin Smith), 1810-1898 1
- National Education Association of the United States 1
- Novikoff, Alex Benjamin 1
- Ohio State University 1
- Progressive Party (1912) 1
- Republican Party (Vt.) 1
- Republican Party (Vt.). 1
- Rutland Savings Bank (Rutland, Vt.) 1
- Rutland and Washington Railroad Company 1
- University of Kansas 1
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln 1
- University of Vermont. 1
- Vermont Progressive Republican League 1
- Vermont. Governor (1985-1991 : Kunin) 1
- Vermont. Liquor Control Board 1
- Vermont. National Guard. 1
- Walton, E. P., (Eliakim Persons), 1812-1890 1
- Washburn, Peter Thacher, 1814-1870 1
- Wills, William Henry 1
- Youth Project of Vermont. 1
- Youth Service Agency New York (N.Y.). 1 ∧ less