Vermont Stereograph Collection
Scope and Content Note
A collection of 3,000 Vermont stereographs, the bulk of which were collected and donated by Lorraine Dexter. Most of the stereographs are landscapes. The stereographs are arranged in two series, town/place and subject. Stored separately are 35 mm negatives and contact prints for many of the stereographs.
- circa 1860-1930
Collection is open for research.
All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Curator of Manuscripts.
4 Linear Feet (4 filing cabinet drawers)
Language of Materials
A collection of 3,000 Vermont stereographs, most of which are landscapes. The stereographs are arranged in two series, town/place and subject.
Silver Special Collections, Billings Library.
- University of Vermont. University Libraries. Special Collections (Organization)
- Dexter, Lorraine (Person)
- Guide to the Vermont Stereograph Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script